Baker County was established in 1861 from New River County and named for James McNair Baker (1822-92), Confederate States senator and judge in Florida’s Fourth Judicial District. The Civil War Battle of Olustee was fought just east of the town of Olustee.
Browse Our New Florida Regional Business Directory
We have just recently started our regional directories and we are growing. If you know of businesses that should be included here, please let us know. Click here to add your business.
- Baker County Public School District
- Private Schools
- Higher Education
- Preschools & Child Care
- Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Practices, Physicians & Clinics
- Fitness, Nutrition & Weight Loss
- Restaurants & Eateries
- Coffee Shops & Tea Rooms
- Bakeries & Sweets
- Grocery Stores & Farmers Markets
- Wine / Wineries