Bloomingdale, Florida

The Bloomingdale School was founded in 1884, and in 1897 it became a teacher's institute. It trained an average of 54 teachers at a time from as far north as Gainesville and as far south as Dade County. The community has remained relatively stable, economically speaking, since the 1960s and is home to many people who commute to Tampa for work.