Balm, Florida

For 24 days, this area was actually known as Doris. It was changed to Balm on June 7, 1902. It was originally a farming community consisting of the Hicks, Sweat, and Fox families. The first post office was the train station where the mail was hung outside and the train crew grabbed it while they passed by the town.